Lead is a contact, in short: the e-mail address or telephone number of the customer potentially interested in our offer, which we must then conduct in such a way as to finalize the transaction in a favourable manner.
In the context of leads, two issues are important: the first is how to obtain leads effectively. Here it is helpful to prepare a form on the website that encourages you to leave the contact to yourself. Second: how to handle them even more efficiently. The mere fact that we have acquired references from someone who wants to listen to us does not mean that someone will buy anything from us. For this to happen, it needs good sales to funnel, sometimes long-term relationship relationships, to ultimately convince the customer to buy.
How to effectively handle leads?
- The basic rule is to react quickly. If the person concerned has left their e-mail address in the form or sent a text message to your number, you cannot let them wait. It’s best to send a reply message within 5 minutes, show that we are available.
- You should also invest in automation. You need a contact data program that will help you organize the collected addresses. It will increase your efficiency and enable better organization.
- Because a lead is not only a phone number but also all information that may be useful during conversations and negotiations, thanks to this, the program will send him messages that are of interest to him, and you will gain access to helpful statistics.
Your software vendor may offer various plugins for better data acquisition. It’s best to find out what your options are.
What do I need to be in order to handle leads effectively?
Of course, you shouldn’t just rely on your computer. After all, we people must convince those interested in taking advantage of our offer. What are the features of a good lead handler?
- He reacts instantly. He immediately picks up contact and starts cooperation.
- Anticipates the client’s movements. He knows that he can look for better deals and question prices or methods, and effectively anticipate such situations.
- He is open to cooperation. He is not afraid to talk to anyone and can also get along with representatives of the competition.
- He looks for shortcuts when it comes to tools. He knows how to use modern programs and constantly improves what he uses, thus increasing efficiency.
It is worth remembering that effective lead service is about making the right decisions. Check out our other articles if you want a good understanding of how to operate in this industry!