Voice search has changed how SEO is done; for this reason, it is suitable for your site to adapt to this new trend. Here’s how to do it.
More and more people are using voice search to find information on the web. This important fact has completely transformed the way SEO is done. In this guide dedicated to the relationship between voice search and SEO, we will discover how questions asked to search engines have changed and how the latter have changed their answers. In light of this new information, it will then be easier to improve your website.
Voice search and SEO: what changes
The growing diffusion of smartphones and voice-controlled assistants has made voice searches grow exponentially in Italy and the world. There are two main factors behind this growth:
- the convenience with which it is possible to carry out voice searches when you have your hands full;
- the speed with which you can send your requests by voice.
However, user searches have also changed with the use of the voice. First of all, the situations in which searches are carried out have changed: being linked to the use of smartphones, voice searches are mostly done outside the home and aimed at finding something ” nearby. “
User searches in voice mode are longer and more conversational than traditional ones, as they use a more natural language that no longer needs to avoid articles and conjunctions or resort to synthetic keywords. Google has changed the way results are presented in the SERP in the light of voice searches: often, in fact, the Answer Box of the zero position provides the best answer to the question posed by the user directly and concisely, without the need to enter the site linked by Google.
How to optimize the site for voice search
In light of the abovementioned changes, it is advisable to improve your website with specific measures aimed at ensuring visibility on search engines even with these new conditions.
- a website must be responsive, i.e., structured to adapt to the device on which it is displayed automatically;
- the site must be optimized in such a way as to guarantee a high page loading speed, as it has become increasingly important to provide fast responses to users;
- it is essential to know your target in such a way as to be able to anticipate both the situation in which the voice search can be carried out and the response expected by the user;
- It is important to adapt keyword optimization to the new language used by users to carry out their searches. This means optimizing the pages of the site on longer queries and, therefore, adopting a more natural language within area;
- The site’s pages must contain a concise answer to the query but also include in-depth information on the topic and answers to other questions on the subject because Google continues to favor long content. It will be the same search engine to identify within the text the synthetic answer to the specific question posed by the user through the voice search.
Finally, as we have already mentioned, voice searches are linked mainly to situations in which you search for something “nearby,” and, for this reason, it is essential to optimize the contents of the site at the level of Local SEO: the first step in this direction is to make sure that the information contained in the Google My Business listing is complete and truthful.