Currently, we have many accounts and passwords spread across different websites, services, applications, etc. With so many passwords, it is difficult to remember them all. That is why we make the mistake of simplifying them and making them unsafe. So that you increase its security and do not have to worry about having to remember them, we recommend that you use one of these password managers. We are going to show you the safest ones of 2024, which are also free.
One of the main things that most Internet users need to correct is the issue of creating weak or insecure passwords. Cybercriminals take advantage of this to steal our accounts and extract sensitive personal data, such as credit cards, bank details, intimate photos, etc.
Password managers are a straightforward solution so that we don’t have to bother remembering complex passwords for each account. We can save as much as we want, regardless of whether they are for work, leisure, health, finances or any other issue. However, not all password managers are the same. We have analyzed many of them to make a definitive list of the three most secure free password managers. Pay attention because any of them will be very useful to you.
The Keeper password manager is effective, and although it is designed for the business world, it can also be used for more personal use. The independent audits it has passed guarantee its reliability and security.
It also stands out for its architecture, which guarantees that not even Keeper will have access to the passwords and private data that we save. They are kept in a cloud system, encrypting all the data we store. To be able to access them, it is only possible with a master password, which is the one that only the user has.
It also allows fingerprint access with Touch ID on your iPhone or iPad.
- Supports the following platforms: Windows, macOS, Android, iOS and Linux.
- Supports the following browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge and Opera.
- Encryption: AES 256-bit with PBKDF2-SHA2.
- Limited Free Plan – Allows you to use it on a mobile device with a storage limit of up to 100 MB.
This is one of the most complete password managers in its free mode. RoboForm allows you to securely access any of your devices, automatically storing the passwords you want to save. Additionally, you can sort them by categories.
Their security centre rates your passwords to tell you how strong they are. It greatly simplifies access to your accounts when you are browsing the Internet since it automatically stores them without you having to add them manually.
Their platform ensures that all passwords are backed up and encrypted in a secure cloud and synchronized across all your devices and browsers.
- Supports the following platforms: Windows, macOS, iOS, Android, Linux and Chrome OS.
- Supports the following browsers: Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer.
- Encryption: AES 256-bit with PBKDF2 SHA256.
- Offers a free plan with unlimited passwords, strong encryption, password auditing, cross-platform support, secure sharing, etc.
With Dashlane, you have a good password manager for free without having to give up options that are premium in other managers. It makes it easier for you to navigate the Internet by automatically filling out forms and payment information. In this manager, you can save private information in addition to passwords, such as your personal payment or address information.
It guarantees good security because it also monitors the Dark Web and sends you alerts if it discovers that any of your personal data is being exchanged or sold. It offers facilities for you to grant permission to another person to see the passwords and information that you have saved safely. It contains an identity control panel that evaluates your online security status at all times.
- Supported platforms: Windows, macOS, Android, iOS and Linux.
- Browsers supported: Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge.
- Encryption: AES 256-bit with CBC-HMAC and the option of Argon2d or PBKDF2-SHA2.
- Offers a free plan: allows you to use one device, save up to 50 passwords, two-factor authentication, personalized security alerts, secure sharing of up to 5 accounts, and auto-fill forms and payment details.