A Wi-Fi camera is a surveillance device that works with an Internet connection, with which you can monitor your home using the software offered by the provider. Nowadays, more people use them every day; therefore, in this article, we will show you the best Wi-Fi cameras on the market.
Table of Contents
Logitech Circle 2
This camera belongs to Logitech’s mid-range, but despite this, it offers very good features:
- Waterproof is a point in its favour, since if you need a camera for the outdoors, you will need it not to be affected by water.
- 1080p HD quality. It could be better out there currently, but it’s more than enough for a Wi-Fi camera.
- Night vision. This function is very good since, at night, you can continue to see if there are any intruders near your home.
- Two different formats. The Logitech Circle 2 offers two formats, one wired and one wireless. Therefore, you can choose the one that best suits your needs.
- Cloud storage. Most cameras can add a microSD card to store videos; however, with this model, you can store them in the cloud.
This device has a price of €239, which makes it one of the best Wi-Fi cameras for home use since it meets the necessary functionalities to protect your home.
This company is one of the leaders in IP technology, so its D-Link DSH-C310 model could be included in our ranking. And this Wi-Fi camera has some excellent features:
- 180º lens. Most cameras for home use have this type of angle, but this model has something special: it has Wide Eye technology, with which you can have a good view in large rooms.
- Full HD along with good sound. An essential feature of Wi-Fi cameras is that the video is of good quality as well as the sound, so this model offers us both.
- Instant notifications. A novelty that the DSH-C310 has is that it sends information to your mobile phone if it detects any movement or sound.
- Two-way audio. Thanks to the integration of a speaker, you will be able to communicate through the camera.
- Large capacity. This model has a total of up to 128GB.
The D-Link DSH-C310 is aimed at domestic use indoors since it does not have optimal outdoor functionalities. It has a market price of €115, making it the best Wi-Fi camera in terms of quality-price ratio.
The technology giant could not be missing from this ranking, and Samsung has also launched a line of Wi-Fi cameras with some exciting features:
- 1080p Full HD quality. It has the same resolution as the previously mentioned devices but has Full HD quality this time.
- Two-way conversation. Thanks to the microphone and speakers that this model has integrated, we can carry out two-way conversations without any problem.
- Motion detection. In the same way as its previous competitors, this camera also has motion detection, a key feature.
- Great capacity. The Samsung SNH-C6417BN has a capacity of up to 128 GB, which is more than enough for an IP camera.
This Wi-Fi camera is worth €127, an excellent price to enjoy Samsung quality.
Xiaomi MI Home Security
The powerful Asian company has launched its IP security camera on the market, which is characterized by:
- Competitive price. Xiaomi is a company that always tries to offer good quality and competitive prices, and this model was no different. This Wi-Fi camera is the cheapest in the entire ranking, but despite this, it offers good features for basic use.
- 360º lens. Unlike the previously mentioned products, this model has a 360º angle so that you can monitor your home with a single camera.
- Night vision. Thanks to this camera’s infrared rays, we can have excellent quality in the dark.
- 720p quality. Most devices of this type have a quality of at least 1080p. On the other hand, this model has 720p; despite this, it still provides good video sharpness.
- Optimum storage capacity, as it supports microSD cards up to 64 GB.
The Xiaomi MI Home Security has a market value of €34.90, which is why this IP camera is recommended for primary use.
This device is not as well known as the ones mentioned above, but despite this, it has very good features:
- Exterior and interior use. This IP camera has the characteristic of being waterproof, so you can use it both inside your home and outside.
- Custom motion detection. This is a novelty in this model since now you can configure the device to choose the areas in which it should send notifications if there is movement.
- Cloud storage. You will be able to store all the videos in the cloud without paying any fee.
- 1080p quality.
This Wi-Fi camera is priced at €110, making it a good alternative to the Logitech Circle 2 since they have similar functionalities, but the Blink XT2 is cheaper.
What to look for when buying Wi-Fi cameras?
When buying a Wi-Fi camera, you have to consider different factors since a camera for home use differs from one for more professional use. Despite this, we will show the essential characteristics that this type of camera must have:
- Infrared vision. Night vision is essential since Wi-Fi cameras need to work 24 hours a day to ensure maximum security.
- Quality. This is extremely important since the main function of this type of device is to monitor your property, so the quality must be optimal, at least 720p.
- Movement detector. A Wi-Fi camera must have a motion detector to notify the owner of what is happening in the home.
- Storage capacity. A device with these characteristics must have a minimum capacity of 64 GB.